The mental state of families victims of various accidents (traffic accidents, severe burns, poisoning ...) requires special care, therefore we try to follow some principles:
- Separate the victim from the rest of the family to facilitate the work of doctors.
- Bring the family of the victim to a secluded place suitable to reduce the shock effect.
- Carry out medical operations quickly and efficiently even if administrative operations are not yet established.
- Try to gain the trust of the family.
on a psychological level :
- Pay attention and listen to the victim's family to help and support.
- Be understanding and try to reassure the family concerned.
- Share the pain of the family to feel reassured and surround.
When the transmission of information:
- Ensure the health of the victim and transmit information to the family.
- Be sensitive when transmitting information and avoid panic.
- Inform the family As the health of the patient.
- Prepare mentally before the family to tell him bad news.