The Military Hospital of Tunis Instruction is a teaching hospital public administrative institution with legal personality and financial autonomy, its mission is:
- To provide highly specialized care to military and civilian personnel of the Ministry of National Defence, and their families, it can provide exceptionally and for consideration of services and care for members of social security funds and civilian pay, as well as personnel within public and private organizations by agreement to be concluded with the Ministry of National Defense.
- Participate and contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate education in the fields of medicine, pharmacy and dentistry and the training of paramedical personnel and all university hospitals work for the benefit of doctors and cadets medical students.
- If necessary, surgeons and medical teams can be created within the hospital to ensure the support of business units or working inside or outside the country and within the framework of humanitarian.
- Take all necessary measures to ensure the proper execution of the plan of medical intervention in case of natural disasters or during military operations.
- Participate in any action for preventive medicine and health education.
- Initiates and participates in all scientific research, especially in medicine, pharmacy and dentistry.